Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

bass techs in San Diego

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by LAKLAND011, Apr 18, 2001.

1. I recently sent a 62 RI Jazz to a good friend in San Diego who is learning to play bass. The bass definitely has some issues that need to be addressed set-up wise.

Can anyone suggest a good tech in the San Diego / outlying area? My friend is not experienced in knowing what needs to be done to bring this bass up to spec and I would like to send him to a nice / helpful tech.

Thanks / Peace

Steve

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Try Stringmasters out in Poway.
    12169 Kirkham Road, Poway, CA 92064
    It's off Scripps Poway Parkway.

I had them do some work on my '93 Precision Deluxe, including a setup. They did a nice job for very reasonable fees.

3. Welcome to TB Steve. I'm goint to send this thread over to our Setup forum. You'll probably get some additional help there. :)

4. I was in San Diego this weekend, and went to Bass Alone, in Ocean Beach. Didn't have a setup done or anything, but the owner seemed like a real nice guy to deal with, and a bass player himself. Plus, you can fool around with all sorts of SWEET gear there.

5. I was in that store a few years back and I agree. Great guy and even sweeter gear. Play anything you want

6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    That'd be John DiMaggio. Laid-back, friendly. Sure, you wanna play the $6,000 Fodera? Go ahead. Plug it into that Fafner over there. Really.

I don't know what he gets for a setup.