1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass Terror vs SVT-CL...or NV610

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Osobass, May 7, 2010.

1. I've recently changed from playing my 200W all tube Traynor YBA-200 through a SWR WM210+WM115 setup to a single Acoustic B410. I've achieved the punchiness and bite I was after, but by going sealed and with a low sensitinity cab, I've lost too much stage volume. Rather than lugging another cabinet, I'm thinking- higher powered head. I've got a used SVT-CL scoped out for the same price as a new Orange Bass Terror. Which one is best for my purposes??

I'm playing mainly old school rock with a passive 4 string fender P and sometime a J. My back-up plan is to get a Berg NV-610, but that is more money and harder to transport.

What's a guy to do? Suggestions?

2. BTW: sensitinity=sensitivity

3. jastacey

jastacey Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Houston,Tx
    I'd go with the Berg ... it's pretty easy to handle and anything hooked up to it sounds good .. IMHO

4. FanOfAlice

FanOfAlice

Nov 8, 2006
    Wisconsin
    i think the acoustic 410is not up to par with the swr cabs, i would spring for the berg 610 if you can it will sound way better. I had the B410 and was very dissapointed with the output compared to other 410 ive used, it seems to be more of budget friendly item, its cheap for a reason.

YMMV

5. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    +1 I think your "weak link" at this point is the Acoustic 410. Putting more power into that cab will likely only ever give you more troubles, when the speakers blow out. The NV610 seems like the better solution, remember the wise words, "never skimp on your speakers". It's all true.

6. Thanks guys. I played a BT this afternoon and it is not for me. I love the Traynor, so it's time to order a NV610

7. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    ya, plus if you use a cl, you need a 4 ohm cab and the acoustic is 8. good move with the berg no matter what head you end up with, though. the acoustic is decent but it's beginner/intermediate at best.

8. Echovox

Echovox

May 8, 2009
    I have been playing thru an Orange Terror head and a Carvin BRX 210 and have plenty of volume. In fact several times I have been too loud in the mix and only turned up to 2!
    Plenty of head room with that little guy.

9. Jim C

Jim C Is that what you meant to play or is this jazz? Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    Well said & +1