Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by luknfur, Apr 19, 2005.

1. luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    I'm assembling a bass tone glossary in the pup forum and I don't know squat about soundclips. We need a place TBr's can load and store 5-10 seconds clips of tones - like growl, mwah, punch, etc. cause word definitions have severe limitations when it comes to sound. The catch is, it needs to be !!!FREE!!!

The thread has gotten over 1,000 hits in a week even though starting out pretty slow as I was building it up and requesting input:

Fourstringdrums suggested TB might provide the space and host it for a supporting member - which I'm not but shouldn't be hard to find one, DavidWilson I think would do it. Anyway, if Fourstringdurms soundclips are representative, my laptop and transmission time is too slow to effectively do it. I've already gotten good input and feedback from TBr's in the thread it's something useful to them.

On an unrelated note, to generate more supporting members, doing a PBS-like offering where a marked up item (hats, shirts, bass straps with TB logo, whatever) is sold, say list or even double retail (whatever), with the spread going as a contribution. That way TB gets a donation and the donee gets something tangible (which not only is good advertisng but a reminder of their contribution). Or if TB can get a good price on something, offer it at cost in conjunction with a donation.