1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass tone

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by bassgirl4, Jul 3, 2012.

1. bassgirl4

bassgirl4

Apr 14, 2012
    Hey Everyone

I love the tone of the bass being used in these two songs, so was wondering if anyone knows how to achieve getting this tone.

I know the bassist uses an Ashdown ABM900 EVOII and i have a Ashdown ABM500 EVOIII.

So any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Shouldn't be too hard to get out of any equipment. Just turn it on, set everything to noon, adjust to taste, and start playing.

3. smeet

smeet Gold Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Sounds like a fairly generic rock tone, could be done with a Precision, Jazz (maybe favor the bridge pickup a bit), Stingray, etc. Don't roll off the tone on the bass, play with a pick.

As far as the amp sound, it's probably just a direct out into the PA.

4. mambo4

mambo4

Jun 9, 2006
    Dallas
    It's Stingray in the videos, through mesa boogie head.
    You might get close with other gear, but a stingray and esp a mesa boogie tube head have a distinctive tone that might be hard to emulate -even direct into the PA.

5. Zakk007

Zakk007

Jun 27, 2006
    The Mesa is the guitar players, the bass player is using an Ashdown head and cab...