1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

bass trade !!! help

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by himluis1, Feb 28, 2013.

1. himluis1

himluis1

Sep 28, 2012
    Florida
    i have a second(backup) bass i don't use very much as my main bass is a 4 strings jazz bass mim fender , my back up is a 5strings version of the same mim fender jazz and even the same color as the 4 strings , i was thinking , to trade it in or sell it , and i saw a squier classic vibe white color with tortoise pickguard and im thinking of getting it , is a good move??? from a mim fender to a classic vibe squier ??? what u all think ???

2. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    If the Classic Vibe plays well and you like it go for it. I think they are made well and play great make sure you take advantage of any specials or coupons.

3. I'd make it trade + cash, just based on the resale value difference. The CV basses are nice, though. If you're happy with the MIM, stick with it, though. CVs are a dime a dozen, but a bass that makes you happy can be rare.

Also, the tort guard on the CVs are UGLY. They're a printout of a very poor contrast tort guard. The reds are too bright, not enough brown and the yellows are UGLY.

[​IMG]