Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass Trade

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stephen S, Nov 5, 2003.

What would you do?

Poll closed Nov 12, 2003.
  1. Trade the Squier, your first real bass.

12 vote(s)
    52.2%
  2. Keep the Squier because, after all, she is stil your baby.

11 vote(s)
    47.8%
  1. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    I know someone who wants to trade basses with me, he has bigger hands and wants the fatter neck of my Squier, and I want his Ibanez because it is lighter and has a thinner neck. So if you were in this position what would you do? I paid 200 for my 5 string Squier, it is missing the G string saddle posts so it gets massive fretbuzz(he knows about that). The Ibanez is GSR205 http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7...3216803242/g=bass/search/detail/base_id/40907

So what would you do?

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Id do the trade.

3. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    I like Ibanezes and still own two, but the GSR205 is the worst bass I ever owned. I can't say if they are all bad, but mine had a twisty neck and the electronics were intermittent.

4. Keep the Squier because, after all, she is stil your baby.

That's my vote. I do not care for Ibanez basses.

[​IMG]
    Treena

5. i dont like squires i have one and hate it they sound like crap and play like crapp they are crap but almost any gsr series ibanez will be one of the worst bases a guy to play they are truly horrible i own an ibanez but it is a srx series which are much nicer i advise u to keep you squire.

6. i hate ibanez, but no matter what bass it is DONT TRADE IT! keep your first bass.

7. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Dude, the B's on those 205's are horrible. The Squier P-5 has a better B and neck profile.

8. Ibanez low-end basses = :bawl:

Squire bass = :)

I plan to never sell my first bass...ever.

9. Tumbao

Tumbao

Nov 10, 2001
    FL
    Don't trade it... Sale your Squire and buy a better bass for you. :cool:

10. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Keep your Squier. I'm an Ibanez lover, but honestly, Ibanez doesn't have good B-Strings for under a good $500. Toss it in a case in your closet, take it out and play it every once in a while. My first bass is locked up so I never sell it, because someday I know I'll be strapped for cash and won't want to sell anything I'm playing at the moment. Not to mention the emotional attachment.

11. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Don't trade it. At least the Squiers look cool, too...

12. Greg R

Greg R

Mar 11, 2003
    Avonmore, ON
    Don't part with it. I bought a Squire P5 when I wanted to try a 5'er because it was affordable, wide-necked, and seemingly durable. Once I started preferring the 5 string over my 4's, I bought a Spector 5 string. Since the Squire was NOT the first bass I ever bought I did not have sentimental attachment to it like my beloved '82 Ibanez Musician. (Which is the only good bass ever made by Ibanez IMHO.)

13. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Whatever you do, don't spend TOO much time mulling this over... Low end vs low end. Either way, its not a heart breaker...

14. Keep your first bass.

Down the road, you'll regret it if you sell it.

Mike ;)

15. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    I would keep the Squire if I could, but I might be tempted to also sell it and move up. I definitely wouldn't make the trade. I also agree with everyone else that this Ibanez is not a good deal.

Dan :bassist:

16. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Throw them both in the fireplace and roast marshmallows. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm smores. :D

17. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    I have decided to keep it. I was very unsure about trading it. She is my baby, I couldn't do it, not to Sugga boobies at least.