BASS transportation

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by tyburn, Jun 8, 2001.

1. what do u guys think to this, i've just got a nice new bass, a rather costly bass,(as bruce will know), and my dilema is, while i own a padded warwick gig bag which i used for my old J, do i continue using this for the New bass?

it's nice and padded, but my new bass is a 5 string with 36" scale, now i'm pushing 6'6/7", so i'm prone to banging the headstock, do i

keep the gig bag or think about getting a light hardcase, what do u guys do with you custom basses,, (bruce??)

i use public transport alot, and you know what bus drivers are like, now i'm very paranoid, but no sunburnt.

the gig bag would be easier, and it's very good quality, but???
  2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Well, I've got a Hiscox "light flight" case which is not much heavier than a gig bag but does protect your bass - I got it from the Bass Centre in London and it has definitely protected my bass many times from damage.

I do have a gig bag, but I found that every time I used it the bass would be way out of tune after any journey, whereas in the case it stays perfectly in tune - which made me think that there must be more wear and tear in a gig bag - even if it's not immediately noticable - in the long term there must be some difference.