Bass Trio CDs

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by Michael Manring, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Hi guys,

Just a note to say I just got a handful of the Carbonne-DiPiazza-Manring CDs which I’ll be happy to sell to anyone who’s interested. The cost is $15 and I’ll pay the shipping. I can accept Paypal or checks, but it probably makes sense to drop me a line at before you send payment, just to be sure I’m not sold out again.

I also just got a shipment of the Artist Profile DVDs, so if anyone is interested in those just let me know. And while we’re at it, I’ve also got the new Sadhappy disk (a bizarre, electro-jam experimental trio that consists of me, Mike Keneally and Evan Schiller) and of course my solo CD, Soliloquy.
  2. ladros2

Jun 2, 2005
    I'd love one, but, I'm in Ireland. How much extra for shipping here?
  3. callmeMrThumbs

callmeMrThumbs Guest

Oct 6, 2005
    Omaha, NE
    I'd love to buy all four! Except I don't have have a credit card (only 16) and I don't know if my parents are willing to buy it for me, seeing as I have no money, myself...haha. I'll talk to them about it, and then get back to you! I'm really a huge fan of your work, (samples off of amazon and cd baby :rolleyes: ) and it'd be really great to actually get an authentic cd of some sort. Anyway, I hope to keep in touch!

PS Do you have any opinions about the Lightwave system? I know that some Zon guitars use them, and I was curious as to tone qualities, etc. etc. Thanks a bunch.
  4. I sent you an email Mr. Manring. I hope you have some left.
  5. how much if i get the sadhappy cd and the DVD together?
  6. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    I’ll pay the shipping for these items to wherever they need to go, so no worries there. I’ll be happy to offer a discount to anyone who buys all four -- say, a total of $60.

The Lightwave system is pretty cool, Josh. I’ve got a Sonus special with a Lightwave pickup and I like it very much. The sound and response is very different from magnetic pickups -- warm and very woolly with an enormous amount of low end, almost like an electric upright. My main fretless has a very pronounced, distinct sound so I often like to use the Lightwave on sessions where I need a sound that blends in to a track a bit more.
  7. this bass trio cd is excellent. I've been listening to it a lot since I got it a couple weeks ago. The DVD is also spectacular. LOTS of new learning for me to do...