1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bass Tuner Bushings

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by iriegnome, Aug 19, 2005.

1. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    I am putting together a bass and the tuner bushings I have are too big for the whole for the tuners. Does anyone know who sells Bass Tuner Bushings? I need 5 of them.
    I have tried Stew-Mac, E-bay, Bass Parts Store and a few others. Nobody seems to carry 14mm ID and 17MM OD bushings!!! :help:

2. iriegnome

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    I talked with them on Friday. The girl who answered the phone said "I only take order and don't know anything about this stuff, you have to E-mail the spec people for that information". So I e-mailed the "Spec" people 3 times so far and I have not gotten a response as of yet.

3. superfly

superfly

Aug 4, 2004
    I'm sure they are out on weekends.

I've orderd a few small thing from them, very quick.

4. iriegnome

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    I have bought a couple of things from them as well. I have never had to talk to someone. I hate it when people who are answering the phone don't know a bridge from a nut :scowl:

5. superfly

superfly

Aug 4, 2004
    Yeah, lately thats been everyone at Sam Ash or Guitar Center. I can't believe these jokers don't know what a neck plate is. Or even a potentiometer. Its pretty pathetic when you the consumer knows more about the product they sell.

6. iriegnome

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    :D