Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass Tuner Bushings

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by iriegnome, Aug 19, 2005.

1. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    I am putting together a bass and the tuner bushings I have are too big for the whole for the tuners. Does anyone know who sells Bass Tuner Bushings? I need 5 of them.
    I have tried Stew-Mac, E-bay, Bass Parts Store and a few others. Nobody seems to carry 14mm ID and 17MM OD bushings!!! :help:

2. iriegnome

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    I talked with them on Friday. The girl who answered the phone said "I only take order and don't know anything about this stuff, you have to E-mail the spec people for that information". So I e-mailed the "Spec" people 3 times so far and I have not gotten a response as of yet.

3. superfly

superfly

Aug 4, 2004
    I'm sure they are out on weekends.

I've orderd a few small thing from them, very quick.

4. iriegnome

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    I have bought a couple of things from them as well. I have never had to talk to someone. I hate it when people who are answering the phone don't know a bridge from a nut :scowl:

5. superfly

superfly

Aug 4, 2004
    Yeah, lately thats been everyone at Sam Ash or Guitar Center. I can't believe these jokers don't know what a neck plate is. Or even a potentiometer. Its pretty pathetic when you the consumer knows more about the product they sell.

6. iriegnome

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    :D