Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass Tuning

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Maidenrulz, Jul 7, 2001.

1. Metallica

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. Megadeth

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Iron Maiden

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  4. Slayer

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. Hey,
    I was wondering if anyone out there can help me with some tunning problems I am having. I was trying to tune down steps to play a song and i can't figure out how to do it. Can I use a tuner to tune down a step or do I have to do it by ear. If you can please let me know how t do it. Thanks.

2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    :confused:
    what´s up with the poll?

3. you can use a tuner or you can do it by ear. How to do it with your tuner depends on the tuner.. but by doing it by ear.. play the note up an octave from the low note you want to play and play the e string and that note and tune the e string to that. (example: to tune to D, hold the 5th fret on your A string and play the e string and tune down until it sounds right)

4. built-in tuner in my AX1B works fine for me :)

5. I do it by ear. As for your poll, none of the above.

6. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    1. Use a chromatic tuner
    2. None of the above

7. 1) chromatic tuner
    2) don't like metal.

8. I prefer to tune down by ear, but tuners are great if you're in a hurry. If you want to tune down 1 whole step using a tuner, tune your bass DGCF, low to high.

A NOTE ABOUT THE SURVEY: METALLICA AND MEGADETH ARE BETTER THAN IRON MAIDEN OR SLAYER COULD EVER HOPE TO BE!!!

Iron Maiden's cheesy satanic themes drove them into self-parody, and slayer tries so hard to top Master of Puppets on every one of their albums (something they'll never do.)....and metallica did not sell out.

Anyway,. that's just my opinion, hope I didn't offend anybody. And good luck with your tuning problems, buddy.

9. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    1) Tuner
    2) Maiden

10. 1)Tuner
    2)Slayer(But I'd prefer Sepultura)

11. sn0wblind

sn0wblind

Apr 20, 2000
    Ontario, Canada
    hahahahahaahhahaha!!!!! Nice signature PanteraFan "Slappers:...." :D

P.S.- Oh yeah tuning, I tune the E with a tuner and do the rest by ear......