Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

bass under $700

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fenderbluesdude, Oct 11, 2004.

1. i play in a blues/rock band.

some basses i have tried and liked were the fender geddy lee jazz bass, american fender jazz, and a few others i cant really think of.

what would be a good bass for under $700

fender
    lakland
    music man
    g&l
    ect

2. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Not to sound mean, but you've been posting the same 3 topics hundreds of times. You ask about the Schroeder 410, Epiphone EB3, and what bass you should buy.

Now to answer your quesiton. You can't go wrong with a P bass.

3. sorry, i dont like the way p-basses feel

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I assume you are looking at a 4 string.

If I were looking for a 4 string, under $700, I would check out a Lakland 44-01, a G&L Tribute L2000, and an MTD Kingston or Heir.

All killer basses for the price. I wish that they would have had basses like this under $700 when I was starting out! These are all pro quality basses, and will do you proud for many years to come.

5. afroman

afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Brooklyn, NY
    The Geddy Lee is one of the most comfortable basses I've ever played. Because of that I own one now. I did some upgrades, but it's a mighty fine bass as is, and for a very good price. If you do buy one, do a series/parallel modification, it'll make the bass even better.

I also have a Skyline series bass (the 55-01). And the quality and sound is very good. It won a comparison in Bass Player also, if care for their opinion.

Every day there are more and more good quality basses at very good prices, so just, try all the basses you can and buy the one that feels goos in your hands.

Peace...