1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass used in this video?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rush-2112, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Rush-2112

Rush-2112

Dec 14, 2008
    New York City
    I saw this vid on VH1 the other day, and I noticed something about the bass being used. First of all, it's a 1980's heavy metal Japanese band named "Loudness". What struck me as strange were the pickups on that guy's bass, and how they're slanted. Is that common at all? I've never seen that on another bass...is there a purpose behind it (i.e., tone wise), or is it just for looks?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x85mv_loudness-crazy-nights

By the way, I hope I'm not the only one who loves this song and listens to it religiously :bag:

2. kjpollo

kjpollo

Mar 17, 2008
    CT
    IIRC that was an ESP. There's another version of that video that gives you some better shots of the bass. Cant find it at the monet, though......

And no, you're not the only person who loves that song. I'm trying to convince my singer to let us tweak it a little and do it as one of our covers. (the rhythm guitarist likes it too!)

3. Wow very 80's !!!........the bass looks to me liek a customized P bass. or Yamaha.....hard to tell. those slanted pickups are weird. Hmmmmmmmmm:meh:

ampeg club # 436
    Pbass club # 735
    passive club# 117

4. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Wow.. Um.. :confused:

Weird.