Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass used on this song..

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by a e i o u, Feb 7, 2004.

1. what bass was used on the recording of Fasination Street (sp?) by The Cure? It has a bass intro to it that sounds like a lot of treble, but I can't tell if it is something other than a jazz or stingray bass.

2. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    I thought it was a Musicman Sabre, but I could be wrong of course...

Marshall

3. He's definitely using a pick and some effects...

4. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Didnt Paul Simion (SP?) use that classic p-bass that he smashed on all of the clash' recordings?

5. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    He did but we are talkin about the Cure

6. I'm pretty sure it was a Musicman Stingray, maple neck.
    on the Disintegration tour he had 2, one black with black pickguard, one black with white pickguard.
    he also used a Gibson EB2 live.

7. Alright cool. I was thinking along the lines of a MusicMan bass. To the person who said he used some effects - I really don't hear any effects on the cd. (im listening to the recording on one of the best hits cd's.the one with the baby and the icecream on the cover)

8. My bass teacher has one, VERY used. Needs a paint job and a neck re-finish. Tis a nice bass though.

9. there's some distortion on the Disintegration version of Fascination Street.
    he uses chorus and flanger on some other songs (chorus on nearly all the songs on the Kiss me album, "Closedown" on Disintegration)