Bass V amp Pro Editing Software

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Chasbags, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Chasbags

Chasbags

Dec 2, 2018
    Hi, first posting on the forum. I have just acquired a LX1B Bass V Amp Pro and am looking to get a copy of the editing software. I have looked through the very helpful previous mega thread on the subject and have found links to the Behringer site which no longer work. It seems that Behringer no longer have a page for legacy products. I am also am looking for the factory presets list for the 125 pre-installed sounds. Maybe this product is getting long in the tooth and there are better units out there but I haven't found anything remotely like this. Has anyone got the relevant files that they can share?

2. bpc

bpc

Mar 29, 2016
    Central Scotland
    I also would really like a copy of this software if anyone has it. Much appreciated if it is possible. Thanks in advance.

3. bpc

bpc

Mar 29, 2016
    Central Scotland
    @Chasbags

I think this might be it.

downloads.music-group.com/software/behringer/_software/VampDesign2_03.zip

found it in another thread. The link works at the time of posting.

4. Chasbags

Chasbags

Dec 2, 2018
    Thank you bpc! I have just found it today as well by coincidence. As well as the application, I have all the documentation and some patch files which I will put up a link for as soon as I can.
    The problem I have now is syncing with my PC as the Midi USB cable I have doesn't seem to want to work with it. :rollno:

5. bpc

bpc

Mar 29, 2016
    Central Scotland
    I should have my cable on Monday. I can't help until then except to repeat the usual "try swapping the midis on the Behringer", "Do a reset of the Behringer". etc. It took me a few days to find that link. Haven't tested it yet as I don't have the cable but looks like the right thing. A bit poor of Behringer to take it off their website. Lots of companies seem to abandon their old stuff completely. No pride in their past.

6. bpc

bpc

Mar 29, 2016
    Central Scotland
    The cable I bought doesn't work either. Works with a midi keyboard but not with the B. I've ordered a M-Audio Midisport. 30 quid with cables from Amazon. I'll let you know if it works but I expect that to be about a week.

BrentSimons likes this.
  7. I've had good luck with that M-Audio unit. Hope it works out for you!
    Best wishes,
    Brent

8. bpc

bpc

Mar 29, 2016
    Central Scotland
    @BrentSimons The M-Audio works fine and that link is indeed the software. I assume you got yours working OK? The link in this thread might be useful to someone else.

All the best

Brian

BrentSimons likes this.
  9. Hi
    Hi Brian,
    i dont have the V-Amp but I used to have to run my old Line 6 Bass Pod with the M-Audio. Its a great, simple unit.
    I have thought about picking up a used V-amp. I'm a sucker for modelers/multi-effects! ;)
    Best wishes,
    Brent

10. Chasbags

Chasbags

Dec 2, 2018
    Finally got my V-amp talking to the PC. Bought a Roland UM-ONE for £35. as my music shop didn't have it in stock. Not the cheapest but I spent a total of £20 on two that never worked.
    Roland MIdi-USB.png
    And finally, it gives me some idea what each preset is attempting to emulate. Thanks for your input Brian

Chas
    V Amp presets.PNG

bpc likes this.
  11. brin

brin

Jan 16, 2008
    to all still looking for the editor, which imho covers ALL v-amp editions is found on Behringer's support / download page FOR THE guitar! V-AMP PRO.

right now:
    www.behringer.com/Categories/c/Behringer/Downloads#googtrans(en|en)

go for guitar / effects processors / v-amp pro / apps

it shows v.2.0
    if "legacy" is checked, it also shows v.2.03!?

12. Rikard Johnels

Rikard Johnels

Oct 1, 2020
    Dubreg likes this.
  13. Feb 2022 - Navigation has changed slightly when downloading from the link above.
    http://www.behringer.com/Categories/c/Behringer/Downloads#googtrans(en|en)
    Go to: Guitar & Bass > Effects & Pedals > Modelling Guitar Amps > V-AMP PRO > Software > Windows (for V-Amp Design software) or Presets (for individual presets)

BrentSimons likes this.