1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass V-amp Pro through Effects Loop of Bmax-T???

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by stflbn, Feb 24, 2008.

1. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    My preferred basic and standard sound uses only a BBE Bmax-T. That's the sound I like and what I want to be the core basis of my live sound.

However, where I play in somewhat an acoustic trio (2 acoustics and electric bass) playing originals and acoustified versions of cover tunes I also have the need to adapt my bass sounds.

So I thought I'd try out a Bass V-amp Pro where I found a good deal on one. This would allow me to pretty much twist and warp my core sound when needed for the needs of those specific cover tunes. Example... something like a chorus'ed and mildly distorted bass for a Cure song, or a very acoustic sounding bass for something, or even a very Octaved dub bass for something by sublime, etc.

What I'm struggling with is finding a good way to tie these two together.

I'd prefer to go into the Bmax-T first and using the V-amp through the effects send/return, but everything seems to be getting very muddled by doing it that way compared to the same sounds just via the V-amp.

Yes, I can adapt the sounds I want in the V-amp to compensate, but I just want to make sure I'm not overlooking something on the V-amp that would make this easier to do. The V-amp Pro almost has TO many options on the back of it which can be very cryptic when first.

Thoughts? Ideas? Abject criticism?

:)

2. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    I think I may have it handled decently.

1. Running live into the V-amp, then out of the V-amp Analog line outs into the Active Input on front of the Bmax-T.

2. Setup Patch 1 in V-amp with No Amp or Cab sims and EQ'd as flat sounding as possible so I'm still hearing as close to my pure Bmax-T Tube sound as possible. Still liking what I'm hearing. This is where it will run for 1/2 or more of my playing.

3. Setup and tweak individual patches I need on Bass V-amp Pro for the specific songs or altered sounds I need or like.

4. Make myself a crib notes sheet of which patches are which.

Nothing seems to be clipping or distorting through either. The Bmax-T does beef/meat/muddy up the stock Bass V-amp Pro settings quite a bit, but right now I'm playing through with my EMG soapbar schecter with Flats on it. In preparation of my HH Stingray showing up next Tuesday which will keep rounds on it. So that should be much livelier through the same settings.

We'll see.

Still open to thoughts on this setup and possible past experiences.

3. 1.Press Tuner and Tap at the Same time
    2.Depress the line in button
    3.Run in the Pre Out from the BBe to the Return in on the Bvap
    4.Run the analog out from the Bvap to the Bbe effects in
    5. plug bass into bbe
    6.rock out

4. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    That works. It accomplishes the same thing as I was explaining, but doesn't need to be looping out and around to the front of the Bmax. So that's better.

The BvA-P has 6 different operation modes coming off of the L & R Outputs for different combos of "everything", "Amp, Cab Sim, FX", EQ, and 6 different variants. Using Amd, FX + Live EQ to accomplish what I need.

Thanks for the input.