1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bass Value Question...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BigRed, Mar 7, 2005.

1. BigRed

BigRed

Apr 1, 2004
    Palestine, TX
    I have to get rid of one of my basses in order to prepare for the downfall of a bad throwout bearing in my clutch. Poo. Anyway, I'm looking at trying to get at least $600-700 for one of my "sellable" basses.

This is not a FS/FT thread, so I think this is the correct forum to ask this question. Please don't flame.

Anyway, here are the toys:

Early '90's Washburn XB-920 (Natural, Made in USA, Designed by Grover Jackson) - definitely played. It's been my main axe for about 6-7 years now...still plays great. OHSC.

Late '90's G&L LB-100 (Honeyburst, Made in USA) - Almost perfect. There is an indentation scar on the upper rear and a nice small gash on the end of the headstock (stupid thing fell off the stand) but other than that, it looks brand new. These imperfections can't be seen from a distance of 10 feet or more. OHSC.

Mid '70's Aria Fretless (Fender Copy, Made...somewhere) - For its age, it is in wonderful shape. I've never seen a bass this old that looks this good. The neck pickup has been replaced with a DiMarzio J style pickup...original bridge pickup (booo!). It's strung with tapewounds. Gig Bag.

I just need to know about how much to ask in order to get the most out of it and still move it in a timely manner. Here's what I was thinking...tell me what you think.

Washburn - $800 shipped, G&L - $600 shipped, Aria - $450 shipped.

Again, this is now a FS thread, I'm just trying to iron out some values here. When I'm ready to sell these mommas (I have to keep either the Washburn or the G&L...they are my only fretted basses), they will be posted with pictures in the FS/FT thread right here...on Talkbass.com!

Thanks.
    Wes

2. BigRed

BigRed

Apr 1, 2004
    Palestine, TX
    Nothing? :crying:

3. eots

eots

Dec 18, 2004
    Morris, IL.
    Have you no job or can't you fix your car yourself?
    What -ya gonna do every time some unexpected expense comes up. You'll run out of gear eventually.
    Have you browsed ebay to see what your stuff is getting? I doubt you'll get what you're expecting. I'm guessing less than half of that.