Bass Value Question...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BigRed, Mar 7, 2005.

1. BigRed

Apr 1, 2004
    Palestine, TX
    I have to get rid of one of my basses in order to prepare for the downfall of a bad throwout bearing in my clutch. Poo. Anyway, I'm looking at trying to get at least $600-700 for one of my "sellable" basses.

This is not a FS/FT thread, so I think this is the correct forum to ask this question. Please don't flame.

Anyway, here are the toys:

Early '90's Washburn XB-920 (Natural, Made in USA, Designed by Grover Jackson) - definitely played. It's been my main axe for about 6-7 years now...still plays great. OHSC.

Late '90's G&L LB-100 (Honeyburst, Made in USA) - Almost perfect. There is an indentation scar on the upper rear and a nice small gash on the end of the headstock (stupid thing fell off the stand) but other than that, it looks brand new. These imperfections can't be seen from a distance of 10 feet or more. OHSC.

Mid '70's Aria Fretless (Fender Copy, Made...somewhere) - For its age, it is in wonderful shape. I've never seen a bass this old that looks this good. The neck pickup has been replaced with a DiMarzio J style pickup...original bridge pickup (booo!). It's strung with tapewounds. Gig Bag.

I just need to know about how much to ask in order to get the most out of it and still move it in a timely manner. Here's what I was thinking...tell me what you think.

Washburn - $800 shipped, G&L - $600 shipped, Aria - $450 shipped.

Again, this is now a FS thread, I'm just trying to iron out some values here. When I'm ready to sell these mommas (I have to keep either the Washburn or the G&L...they are my only fretted basses), they will be posted with pictures in the FS/FT thread right here...on!

2. eots

Dec 18, 2004
    Morris, IL.
    Have you no job or can't you fix your car yourself?
    What -ya gonna do every time some unexpected expense comes up. You'll run out of gear eventually.
    Have you browsed ebay to see what your stuff is getting? I doubt you'll get what you're expecting. I'm guessing less than half of that.