1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass VI Conversions Project

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by 2groggy, Feb 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. 2groggy

2groggy

Jan 17, 2015
    Toronto, Canada
    reverendrally likes this.
  2. jloftin1

jloftin1

Aug 7, 2009
    Carrollton, Ga
    Where did you find the conversation necks? I keep finding 28" scale baritone necks but not much for true bass vi conversion necks. Really looking forward to this!

3. 2groggy

2groggy

Jan 17, 2015
    Toronto, Canada
    A guy somewhere in Texas sells them on ebay.
    Seller's handle is d_42. His name is DC Kunkle. Search for something like "30.25 inch Bass VI conversion neck". The guy is great to deal with.

Ironically, I found him from a thread on TDPRI where his one and only disgruntled customer won't shut up about him but ton's of people responded that they had a good experience. DC probably gets driven up in the search results more from "that guy" than all of the good reviews put together.

Edit - Warning - do not search DC's handle D_42 unless you wish to be inundated with pictures of ladies plus size undergarments. Don't ask me how I know this.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  4. jloftin1

jloftin1

Aug 7, 2009
    Carrollton, Ga
    Thanks! I've read a lot about them and have been looking for one with no luck. I just emailed him on eBay to see if there are more available. He actually has a 4 string version on there now.

5. 2groggy

2groggy

Jan 17, 2015
    Toronto, Canada
    He custom builds and just uses ebay as the sales channel. I contacted him to say what I wanted and he posted an auction. Just hit [buy it now] and pay, then he'll get started.