Bass VI issue

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by burpgun, Sep 3, 2017.

1. burpgun

burpgun

Jun 29, 2015
    So here's a bit of a head scratcher. I've got a Fender Pawnshop Bass VI. Never cottoned to the "Jazzmaster" humbucker Fender inexplicably pooped into the bridge slot. I just replaced it with a single-coil bridge pickup that was left over from an upgrade of a Classic Player Jazzmaster. Perfectly easy to wire in and I made sure I kept the magnets that were attached underneath the Classic Player pickup.

The problem? While the new pickup works in the Bass VI the volume is significantly lower than the other two pickups and renders the new pickup useless. Any thoughts what went wrong here? The newly installed pickup has proper height. I'm stumped.

2. valkyrievf2x

valkyrievf2x

Oct 14, 2015
    Any chance the pickup was wired backwards? Had that issue before (PJ bass) and when you tried crankin the bridge pick up, the bass got quieter...

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021