Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

bass vs bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bassist_Ben, Dec 25, 2005.

1. Hey everyone,
    (Merry xmas) and i just want to know which bass guitar is better and what are the differences: Fender Squier J Bass VS Mike Dirnt Precision Bass. I dont see much difference but i just want to know thanks!

cyaz

2. The Dirnt says "Fender" on it, so if you decide to sell it later on, you'll get more for it... not a bad looking bass either

3. are there are differences like effects...sound wise??
    thanks for the reply neway! yeah it is a mad looking bass, cuz i have a fender squier j bass, and considering to buy the mike dirnt precision bass but dont knw whats the difference!

4. also the bridge seems lower than the usaul Fender Squier so it might have a deeper sound

5. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    The Dirnt is more well built, sounds superior and is of better quality than a Squier. It'll have a precision style neck (chunkier than your J bass neck) and it will sound deeper and fuller due to the P pickup.

6. +1.

Dirnt P bass all the way!

7. Eilif

Eilif Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2001
    Chicago
    +1

Also, it will have a much greater resale value, the badass II Bridge will offer better sustain, it looks cooler and the SD quarter pounder will have the capacity for a much stronger out put than the squire.
    If you can afford the Dirnt, there is no reason to buy the squier.

8. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    The Squier is an entry level instrument, has cheap imported Jazz pickups, budget electronics, a rather lacking body wood, a narrow neck and cheap hardware.

The Dirnt is a mid level instrument, has a '59 Custom Ship P-Pickup, a chunkier neck, decent electronics, made of a wood that's actually considered to be a tone wood, and the hardware is much more robust.