Bass Vs. Girlfriend

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by mike lead, Nov 30, 2003.

1. My bass!!!

149 vote(s)
  2. My girlfriend...

121 vote(s)
  1. Am I the only one who prefers messing around with his bass, than going out with his girlfriend?????
    "I do not care If Les can move his hand so fast!"
    "No, that "guitar" isn`t the most beatiful thing on the wolrd!". "No, i don`t like Primus". "Geddy`s voice sucks"...

I hate you girl... my bass rules...
  2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Depends on the girlfriend. If your girlfriend has similiar music interests, id rather go out with her. If shes as you described, im sleeping with my bass tonight.
  3. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    tough one... the bass will NEVER hurt you... but the bass can't be as beautiful or understanding as a girl can be... i'll take the girlfriend.
  4. Ethon

Jan 25, 2003
    Akron, Ohio
  5. TheBassmeister

Nov 23, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Hey hey hey the bed is big enough for 3.
  6. Welp,since ladies don't come my way very often...and the Bass will ALWAYS be right there for me...Ima go w/ girlfriend....and then when I get home I'd play it :)
  7. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Both can have nice contours, smooth necks, g-strings, the female end of an input jack, come in a variety of colores, shapes, and sizes; both a tendancy to drain your wallet and time, not to mention the fact that people slap both when they really, really shouldn't.

Same/same,if ask me.

8. :D :D

For me, right now, it's bass. I'd hate to let something as trivial as a girlfriend get in the way of my music goals... they seem to take up a whole lot of practice time.

Only way this is going to change in the near future is if I find a girl who loves music, and doesn't expect/need to see/talk to me all that often. Sound like the building blocks of a great relationship doesn't it? :p
  9. not being partial because i am a girl. but i think i would go with the girl...she can please in ways the bass can't...
  10. fenbull

Oct 31, 2003
    Akron ohio
    Its just music man live life...but find a gal who like music and give you some time to be you.:bassist:
  11. Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    i'll take the bass because it doesn't fight when you put your hands all over it. :D :D :D

plus, with a bass i'm always right and i don't have to leave the seat up for it...

who am i kidding? i'm lonely. bring on the ladies :(

12. When a lady's right, she's right.

I don't technically have a girlfriend (by choice), but I can say that both women and my basses make beautiful music when I finger them...although practice never hurts in either case ;) However, while I absolutely adore the feeling of my bass's body, it will never compare to that of an equally beautiful woman. End of story.
  13. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    I'd take the bass on principle alone, just because I wouldn't feel dirty if I spent money to get a used bass, even for just one night.
  14. Hey, bass can improve your relationship with a girlfriend. She may not care how fast Claypool's fingers can move, but she'll care how fast yours can, or at the least how coordinated they are.

Brass playing also helps.

I have no girlfriend, I have my bass. No man (I hope) is small enough to fit into that input jack, so there should be no amorous relations with your instrument. Especially not if you have active electronics... ouch.
  15. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    i go for the bass! :bassist:
  16. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    I'll take the girlfriend. I already have a wife and a few basses.

17. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    girlfriend, but only if she lets me play bass, which she does, infact if i had to give up bass to stay with her i would consider it as long as she wasnt just being selfish.
  18. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Bass...and a new girlfriend. Such strong negative opinions are unlikely to change (especially since the female of the species is never wrong, therefore she need never change).
  19. thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    Since I don't have a girlfriend, the answer is obvious.
  20. Excellent post. You win.