Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass wah for low end

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by xolin, May 6, 2003.

1. Hey, what would be a good bass wah with a distinct wah for the low end (like B string). I dont want to compromise tone though, and the high end cant be lost (asking alot but,eh im a perfectionist). So what would be good, cuz i hear conflicting reviews about wahs, and im not sure which is more suited for wahing on the low to mid end, and somewhat on teh high end (emulate a guitar)

2. Cool, thanx, I'll see if I can check one out.

3. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    RMC3...there is no other...

later,
    Satan

4. DRN

DRN

Mar 17, 2002
    Las Vegas
    What is the RMC3? Do you have a link.

5. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    DRN,

Try this link: www.realmccoycustom.com. It should work & get the info you need.

The RMC3 is a little more pricey than others BUT, you won't believe the adjustability on this piece & it can be used on anything! I use it on my detuned 6'er & it covers the whole frequency down to an open "A" & sounds clear, thick & sick! Playing chords, notes, distortion or clean, it's amazing. I A/B'd it against a Dunlop & it was NO contest in just sound alone. No disappointments here...

later,
    Satan

6. I've heard of the real mccoys, but is there anywhere to get them at less than list price? I ve tried a couple sources, no luck. They are hand made but still there should be something.

7. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I will back up Devilman on this one. My RMC3 kills. Nine octaves of adjustable frequency response. Wow. That's more octaves than JT has strings!