bass wah issue

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by directory, Jan 6, 2006.

1. is there a maker of a bass wah pedal that i don't have to "click" on?

for some reason the click comes through the speakers. is there a sort-of always on system that only changes the sound when i step down on it?
  2. yep - there's quite a few of them.

One of them - like mine - the dunlop 105Q, turns on when you move it. I believe there's a morley that does it too.
  3. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I think he's thinking of the Morley Mark Tremonti Power Wah.
  4. crapusername

Sep 26, 2005
    North Kent.UK
    endorsing artist: Dean guitars, Marshall , Rotosound strings
    ibanez weeping demon also does this, as does the morley bad horsie wahs (although i don't know how they rate for bass!)
  5. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    A lot of Morley's do this. The old Pro Series II Bass Wah, Tremonti Power Wah, Dual Bass Wah, Bad Horsie, Bad Horsie II, etc.

They're all Switchless.

AFAIK, the White Dunlop 105Q is switchless as well.
  6. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Well, they all WORK with bass, I personally am not a huge fan of the way they're voiced. Want to try out the DSW, Distortion Wah.
  7. weeping demon can be switchless, or switchable.
  8. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    To add to that. When I have used it in the "switch" mode I haven't heard any noise come through my rig.

Tplyons: Yes, it does work with bass. You can hear a sample in the TB sample thread.
  9. IcedEarthWOM

Oct 2, 2005
    I have a wah with a switch but the way my system is set up its always on so I never use the switch. It's a Dime CryBaby From Hell and I use it as a variable tone controll (mid/treble selector) and a wah.

here's my thread on it (links to samples in the Big TB Sample Thread):

The topic post in that thread was written after 3 hours straight of bass experimentation while hyped on a Rockstar energy drink, so excuse the rambling and read the third post. I hope I explained it better in that one....