Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass Wah or Low Pass Filter....

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by gojirin, Oct 21, 2005.

1. gojirin

gojirin

Oct 11, 2004
    Denver,CO
    I did a search, but am not finding too much info.
    What are your view on auto-wah pedals, favorites andI non.
    Ditto bass wah pedals - mechanical ones that is.
    And has anyone used something like the Moogerfooger as a bass wah?
    My thought was to get a sort of Bill Laswell wah and go from there...
    Any opinions are welcomed and thanks!

Jon

I've seen the Digitech bass synth mentioned and mean to check that out... :bassist:

2. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    The DT BSW is a great envelope filter and octave pedal.

My manual wah is a Morley DBW. I tried it and the Dunlop CB and I liked the sound and smooth, "switchless" operation of the Morley better.

3. Depends on your budget but the Lovetone Meatball provides a delicious meal.

To look for in envelope followers (because that's the technical name for auto wah) is, in my opinion, the effect loop. It adds great flexibility and opens the door to a lots of new sounds.
    For example, I did this: MeatBall (with Fuzz in loop), followed by phaser... man it almost made me puke... I mean not that it was bad ;) but the sound is amazing...

4. gojirin

gojirin

Oct 11, 2004
    Denver,CO
    Budget wise, I'm open. I just don't want to end up with something that isn't useable. I might normally skip a Digitech unit as being too inexpensive, but would be wrong. Have to pay a visit to GC and listen, but there are so many devices out there, so I'm trying to get a feel for what other players like.

Thanks!

5. Gojirin, cheap doesn't always mean bad. I have a DOD FX-25b that does a good job, IMO.
    WovenGraphite, what are some envelope followers(other than Lovetone)w/effects loops?

6. gojirin

gojirin

Oct 11, 2004
    Denver,CO