Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass Wah Questions!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by DryWater'Bass, Jun 18, 2003.

1. Hey ya'll, I was wonderin about some bass wahs...I really want a Morley Pro Bass Dual Wah(see signature)...What other bass wahs sound good, and are versatile, like this one??Or just sound good to your ears...Replies are appreciated, guys!

Thanks
    DWB

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
  3. How easy is one of the V-Wahs to work with? Does it loose any of the sweetness in the low range if it's used for a bass?? Any other reccomendations?

4. sDg

sDg

Feb 26, 2003
    Wise, Virginia
    Don't really have much to add. The only wah I have used is the black Crybaby. Liked it, but ended up giving it away. I just didn't spend enough time with it.

Anyway, I saw you're from Rogersville and thought I would say "Howdy neighbor!" I live in Morristown.

sDg (roger)

5. David Wilson

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I tried this one and the Dunlop Q-Wah for bass. The Dunlop was slightly easier to operate (it has an auto off when you take your foot off),but I have the vwah in an effects loop so that was of minimum import for me.

But I thought the VWah had a better sound for bass, plus it has a few memories so you can store settings. i.e. regular wah, one with distortion, one in higher frequency range.

Plenty of people here like both, but the Boss works best for me.

6. ok...Anything else??I know of quite a few people on her who've owned the Morley Dual Wah...I wish I could get a response on the otherside of the equation...We've got 2 for the V-Wah...

sDg:Hey man, whassup?I know of a few bassists from morristown, what group you play with??

DWB

7. Mandobass

Mandobass

Nov 12, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    go with the V-wah. it's a great product. it's ultra versatile and sounds great on all of the settings. it takes some getting used to.

the voice and uni-vibe functions are sweet

8. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    Check out the Dunlop 105Q. It's the white crybaby, I have one and I like it a lot...

9. David Wilson

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    Have you tried one of these, or just think it looks cool (it does!) :)

10. I was looking for something versatile, and inexpensive(a $259 price tag isn't cheap) and that DOES look cool!

11. don juan pablo

don juan pablo

Jun 21, 2003
    virginia
    i prefer the morely over the crybaby. the dual bass wah is a great pedal its nice and sturdy, plus it has an auto shut off/on when you take you foor off the pedal or when you step on it it turns on. the funk wah setting is the best.

12. "just?" That's good enough for me!
    :p

13. I have a 105q(white one)and I like it but,I've been itchin to try a tech 21 killer wail wah...I think it has 2 modes,looks cool too..

14. David Wilson

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I've heard it's great too, but there's one problem from my perspective. I use a pedalboard, and the mode select switch on the tech21 is on the bottom of the pedal - making it hard to change when it's velcroed down.

15. David Wilson

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    And it's usually good enough for me too!

16. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    woburn
  17. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    As far as wahs, I prefer Morley over anything.

As for as Morleys, I prefer the old blue Pro Series II wah over the new Dual Bass Wah.

Luckily I also got it a few months ago for a meager price of $60.00 from Musician's Friend. They have since discontinued it, but check ebay for the old blue one.

18. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    [​IMG]
    The better bass wah in my humble opinion.

19. I'm starting to think(and actually was looking to trade for one at one time) that my descision lies between the Morley Pro Series II(above) and the Morley Pro Bass Dual Wah...The Dual wah has the switch for funk/traditional settings...And I like the option...How do the Morleys fair as far as versatility is concerned.