Bass wah sound clips, anyone?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Rumzini, May 16, 2004.

1. Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    I was curious about getting a bass wah....but the shop near me dosn't have one to experiment with. Does anyone have any sond clips putting their wah to use?
  2. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    check out Black Sabbath - NIB (intro), i think Geezer uses a wah pedal there
  3. supernaut_1

supernaut_1 Guest

Dec 16, 2002
  4. Virus

Apr 16, 2004
    Seems to be a wah. Someone pointed out to me that it might be a "cue"... Something like that, I've never heard of it though.
  5. Morley once sent me a sampler CD with 30 tracks with different effects on them. The last two tracks appear to be bass wah. (I've never listened to the CD).
  6. basste

Oct 8, 2003
    on the morley web site, you got some samples from PBA2, the new wha bass.
    and on the site of jim dunlop, you got a sample of the Cry Baby 105Q which seem to be a best seller; it's my next GAS ... :D
  7. Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Wow...thatnks everyone. I posted this thread and totally forgot to subscribe to it. Anyways since then I've played just about every wah imaginable and don't like a one of them. I'm pretty sure I need a different effect for wht I'm looking for.
  8. Bass_me

Jun 7, 2005
    Denmark, Europe
    What about an EBS BassIQ, it is an analog envelope filter. Check it out under "Sounds" on their homepage

it is funky!
  9. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I have sound clips of

Dunlop 105q Bass Wah
    MXR Bass Auto Q
    Dod FX25b
    Dod FX25
    Guyatone BR-2

Add me on msn or aol or something and i can send them to you
  10. Listen to:
    Call of Ktulu
    (Morley PWO/PWB)
    Watch Cliff 'em all as well.
    Tim Commerford (audioslave, rage against the machine) uses a 105Q (two actually), as do Flea and Rob Trujillo.
    I have a PWO-$50 on eBay- and it works for funk too, if you're into that.