1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bass Wah

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Masterbasser71, Mar 14, 2004.

1. What bass wah to get? Morley or Dunlop?
    I like the Dunlop 105Q Bass Wah. The Q dial may be very useful. Has anybody tried it? What do you think of it and do u hav a picture of the Q dial? Thanks.

2. VS

VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Discounted Gear: Peavey
    Master,
    I have the Dunlop model. The Q-dial is pretty cool,although it's just as small as the volume dial; too small. But it's a nice pedal,strong design. -Luke

3. Indigo

Indigo

Feb 19, 2004
    Örebro, Sweden
    I´ve only had my 105Q for a couple of weeks now, so I haven´t tried it vey much yet. But so far, o good. And I can tell you I like the looks of it =)

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I used the Morley for a couple years, sold it due to financial trouble and only recently got a Dunlop. Honestly, it's not my thing. I'm selling it. The Q dial isn't THAT useful in my opinion, the old blue Morley bass wah worked even better for me. YMMV

5. DRN

DRN

Mar 17, 2002
    Las Vegas
    RMC-3 Real Mccoy wah is the best wah for bass I have ever played. No tone loss and has a boat load of dip switches to set the pedal up how you want it. Sweep, rate, sound etc.
    They are expensive but well worth it.

Here is a link:

http://www.realmccoycustom.com/

No I do not work for them just extermely happy that I no longer have to look for a wah.

6. jja412

jja412 Fine gear enthusiast

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    105q

I have two - they are great.

7. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  8. Electricmayhem

Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    NH
    Hey JMX- that Silvermachine looks awesome!

Just a question: what exactly does the Q dial do?