Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass Wah?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by tony moore, Jun 11, 2005.

1. Anyone care to recommend a wah pedal for bass? Not an envelope follower or auto-wah, but a wah pedal that can be controlled.

Are there sound posts anywhere?

if it matters, my basses are all old school - A Guild Starfire and a Hagstrom Swede...

Thanks!

Tony

2. JPrisus

JPrisus

Jun 8, 2005
    Dunlop Bass Crybaby is quite popular... wide frequency sweep and very deep sounding.

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    For under $100 you have your choice of a Morley or a Dunlop. Try one, and if you don't like it, buy the other. They're polar opposites.

4. 43apples

43apples Guest

Nov 9, 2003
    The Dunlop Crybaby From Hell pedal!

It has the abillity to let you control what frequency range the sweep should be, and also the range of the sweep, which makes it awesome for use with a bass. Hell, it can be adjusted for use with a mandolin too, if you want that! It's a really powerful, heavy sounding wah, and has tons of cool stuff, like grip tape on the rocker that gives you a great grip.

I'm getting one next month! It's about $500USD here in norway, but it's worth it IMO :)!

-Erlend

5. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    i have a morley dual bass wah pedal and its great. You can adjust the level of the pedal output and then there is a choice between original wah, and funky wah. They both sound really good. The pedal is built like a tank and turns off the second you pull your foot off it.

The problem I found with the Dunlop is that the motion of the pedal is caused by a cheap plastic gear. Which when in the off mode is exposed. When transporting gear or moving it around you could easily break or damage it whereas the morley has a giant metal spring to balance the action of the pedal, and it is well concelead.

GET THE MORLEY, YOU WON"T BE DISAPPOINTED!!

6. Thanks!

Tim - How would you describe the difference between the two?

Erlend - Which model are you referring to?

Mark - Thanks for the details!

Has anyone heard or used the Jacques Trinity? I found it while searching previous posts...

Thanks again!

Tony

7. That's Dimebag's signature model isn't it? Does it work decent with bass?

8. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  9. Higgie

Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    I have one too, but the Normal setting doesnt really do anything to the sound IMO. The only way I notice a change is when I have it on Funk Wah. The Funk Wah setting is great though. Thinking of getting a Dunlop 105Q though.

10. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Ibanez Weeping Demon wah [​IMG]

11. Snarling Dogs Bawl Buster.
    Works great for me, and the visual appeal of the pedal itself is huge. :smug:

12. the snarling dog is good for the nights when you have drunk more than everyone in the crowd put together, 'foot goes on the foot shape = WAH!', never heard it though.