Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass.....WAR

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by tea, Dec 14, 2003.

1. tea

tea

Sep 30, 2003
    Maryland
    Sup yo's, I was curious how other people felt about the site (or if theyve even heard of it) www.guitarwar.com . I've personally been a member for going on three years (little longer than i've been reading here) and I rather enjoy the community and forum for competition. Do any of you have any experience?

2. Danham

Danham Guest

Feb 11, 2003
    Shreveport LA
    What a cool idea for a site!!!!! I need to get a digital recorder so I can compete.:bassist:

3. tea

tea

Sep 30, 2003
    Maryland
    Actually, a 1/4" to 1/8" cable and a coupla programs are all you need to record stuff for there...granted, some of the productions on there are wonderful, but at the encoding the site requires you are going to have to worry about finding the highest fidelity recording in the world. With that said, I'm "quitstalin" on there and rather enjoy competing, and wish more bassists were on there.:bassist:

4. snapple

snapple

Nov 25, 2003
    Victoria-Vancouver Canada
    Endorsing Artist: PCL Vintage Amps
    Meh, i checked out the public access "wars" and i was very disappointed. Nothing too technical and the overall compositions sucked. It's like wannabe wankers. I'm not saying I'm any better - but i don't flaunt my 'decent' ability.

5. tea

tea

Sep 30, 2003
    Maryland
    pm me if you want to check it out a little further man...like i said, the site needs decent bassists. (i'm not one)

6. Danham

Danham Guest

Feb 11, 2003
    Shreveport LA

Then why don't you join and show them how it's done? If you bothered to read some of the faqs on the site you would find that the point of the site is not wanking. "Look at me, Jaco ain't got nothing on me!" "You suck!" It's about getting constructive criticism and help getting out of ruts.

I'll join as soon as I can afford the $5 a month. I'm that broke right now.