Bass website

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by villakid 93, Feb 4, 2006.

1. villakid 93

villakid 93 Guest

Dec 27, 2005
    Swayfield, Grantham
    Hi, I'd like to make a bass guitar website up but I don't know what to put on it, and what could I call it? Any suggestions? :crying:
  2. Hi,
    Scales, Tabs and Profiles on Bassists/Bands?
  3. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Why? If you want to do it just for the heck of doing it, it's probably going to suck. No offense.

If you have an idea, a REASON to do it, to share something or tell the world about something new, it'll be great. Just a word of advice from someone who's done a load of websites over the years.
  4. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    A link to TalkBass would make any website suck less.
  5. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
  6. Hey, don't say that. Do your web site. Yeah, there are a ton of sites out there but doing your own will help you learn web design skills, teaching skills, and not to mention the fact that you'll learn a lot more about what you're trying to teach in the act of teaching it.

Steve Lawson said in his masterclass last week something about how figuring out how to teach something to someone will give you better insight into what you're trying to teach. If you can't teach it, you don't really know it.

You should just start with what you know. As if you are trying to teach a beginner.

- Dave
  7. IotaNet

IotaNet Supporting Member

You should absolutely do the site!

I am a professional website designer but I did my first site 10(!) years ago and it was just a "labor of love" project for my fraternity. The key was that it was something I was passionate about so I worked very hard on it.

The best part was that since nobody was paying me for it, I got to make all kinds of mistakes and learn the art/science of website design.

A decade later, I will still do "fun" websites just for myself sometimes -- just to try out some new technique or idea. Website design is very much like playing bass -- the more you practice, the better you get.

I say you should definitely do it!
  8. puff father

puff father

Jan 20, 2006
    Endicott, NY!

Just a suggestion...
  9. villakid 93

villakid 93 Guest

Dec 27, 2005
    Swayfield, Grantham
    IotaNet : How much do you get payed as I website designer I have always been interested in making websites, I am quite a good designer but ya know!
  10. txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    If you've never done a web page before, try MySpace. They have an easy-to-follow template that makes it very simple. Once you've got your page up and running, you may want to try an independent page of your own. But MySpace is a good place to start. Look at other people's pages, too, and you will get idead of your own.

LOADS of young people in MySpace, ya know.

Good luck!

Cherie :)
  11. Call it something like MyBassPlace - make it whatever you want it to be. Maybe the world doesn't need another website, but whatever - there's room for you. You feel so inclined give it a shot. People don't like it, they don't have to visit the site, right?