Bass went out of tune last gig

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by bobbykokinos, Nov 3, 2005.

1. I have a Carlo Robelli DB. Before anyone says anything, its all I could afford for right now. And, for what was offered in my area, it was actually the best bass I found (which was a huge shock to me also). Felt the best, played the best, and actually was the loudest out of all I played within the immediate area.

Anyway, last week I had a 3 hour gig. First two sets went fine. 3rd set, after the first song, my G string totally detuned. We are talked detuned WAY down. I didnt do anything to the string before the 3rd set. Didn't even retune. I tuned it back up and it would just detune again.. And it would detune in a matter of seconds. Finally I just switched to electric bass.

Now, logic would tell me if it was a structural problem with the bass, all of the strings would have detuned, which they didn't. So, what else could it be? Did my G string just poop out? Could it have unwound at the tuner? Is there anything else I could check?

Any help would be great.. I have a 4 hour gig tomorrow (ugh) and will be using the DB.

Edit: And, I know Carlo Robelli's arent liked much around here, so please can we leave the comments about them out? Thanks!
  2. Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    This has happened on my bass before on the D. The screw on the gear was lose tightening it fixed it.
  3. Cool I'll check that out.. thanks!