Bass Whammy Or XP100?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by tanuki, Sep 4, 2005.

1. tanuki

tanuki Bass Minotaur

Dec 13, 2004
    bristol, england
    Ive been reading a lot about how hard it is to get a bass whammy and how the xp100 shares some of the effects that it doesnt share with the normal whammy..

Just wondering a few things..

- The bass whammy does not shift 2 octaves up, does the xp100 have that feature?

- Is the xp100 any good on bass or do the lower cycles mess with the tracking?

- Does anyone have a list of the whammy effects avalable on the xp100, i cant find one anywhere...

any help is greatly appreciated.. :ninja:
  2. C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    I haven't used mine in 10 yrs but here's what I remember:

Yes it does shift up 2 octaves (ala Tom Morello - RATM). Tracking was fine for single notes and possibly power chords. Otherwise it break up like an octave pedal made for single notes. I'm sure digitech lists the effects on their website.

Otherwise I could fire it up and let you know. Actually, it's been sitting around here for awhile so I'll probably just sell it. PM me if you're interested. It's the second generation XP with the footswitches for changing presets, not the reissue with the knobs you have to bend down and change.
  3. Craggsy

May 24, 2005
    You not thought about the Whammy Wh-4? I've got the Bass Whammy and was a bitch to find. Go for stupid amounts on ebay. Ive found the tracking to be hit and miss sometimes. The sound can be abit weak if not used with some overdrive/distortion.

I wont be able to compare it to the XP100 though as I havent had the chance to try it. I can give you the settings for the Bass Whammy if you need it!