1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass Whammy Petition Request

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Tom Von Kramm, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Tom Von Kramm

Tom Von Kramm Commercial User

Jul 19, 2012
  2. IT wasn't me but I'd buy one if you guys did a re-issue.

3. Clark Dark

Clark Dark

Mar 3, 2005
    earth
    This feels real good. My experience with DigiTech is a pleasant one. I bought a TSR-24 version 2 that didn't have any bass parameters in it. I contacted Harmon and after speaking to one of the techs about the lack of bass presets he said he would burn me a chip with the bass presets in it and for a low price it was sent to me along with installation instructions. A great company to deal with in my experience and hopefully the bass whammy gets reissued. Add my name to the petition.

4. silvertone

silvertone

Nov 6, 2007
    SF, CA
    I use a generic Whammy IV Guitar Pedal and it's pretty fun with Bass.

5. I like where this is going...

6. AgressivePassiv

AgressivePassiv

Feb 3, 2011
    Count me in if this happens!

7. chicago_mike

chicago_mike

Oct 9, 2007
    Chicago - LA - Rome
    Endorsing Artist : Genz Benz
    I would buy 2. And PLEASE dear almighty lord of all things great and small ...REISSUE THE SPACE STATION!!!!!!

8. LSMFT6

LSMFT6 We brake for nobody Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2006
    California
    None
    I have a Pitchfactor (upgrading to an H9 eventually) but i would totally drop coin if they reissued the Bass Whammy. I used to have one and it was fun and sounded great.

9. chris merrill

chris merrill

Dec 14, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Endorsing Artist for: GHS Strings, Lakland Basses
    Sub'd

10. 4StringAxe

4StringAxe

Jul 27, 2009
    yup, sub'd

11. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    in

12. vade700

vade700

Jan 12, 2012
    In

13. Tom

Just wanted to say you're doing a great job with Digitech's online presence. I remember in the late 90's Digitech was kind of written off as a cheap multi-fx brand for the most part. You guys have done a great job with the company in the last 5-10 years or so.

14. 48thStreetCustom

48thStreetCustom

Nov 30, 2005
    Colorado
    If they end up rereleasing the Bass Whammy because of a petition, we have to start one for the Akai Deep Impact

15. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right?

Apr 9, 2012
    Occasional Beta Tester for Confusion Studios, Singular Sound, and Source Audio
    +100000000000000000000 signatures

16. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    Mass influx of bass whammies appearing on the classifieds followed by sharp fall in used prices in 3-2-1...

17. René_Julien

René_Julien

Jun 26, 2008
    Belgium
  18. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    I'm pretty sure I signed that petition. I'd buy a Bass Whammy!

19. Phil O'Keefe from harmonycentral asked the Akai reps about it at NAMM and they said #1 they had no interest in a reissue and #2 some of the components were no longer available.

Not sure what wouldn't be available in a digital pedal like the DI though.

20. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Here's the original thread:
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f36/bass-whammy-petition-382040/

The user who started it (Charlatan_001) is not a regular TBer- he hasn't logged onto TalkBass in five years, so you'll likely not be able to get in contact with him here. He also hasn't posted on Ultimate Guitar, the forum that he did frequent with the same username, in several years, so he may no longer have an online presence.