1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

bass whammy question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jinithith2, Mar 16, 2008.

1. jinithith2

jinithith2

Jul 15, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Could someone explain how I would make use of the wet and dry outputs? is the dry output there so I can somehow avoid the tone sucking bypass switch?
    I have no clue how to put this in my pedalboard... I'm new to this business
    thanks!

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    The dry output is there so you can use a second amp or a second mixer channel for the un-effected signal.

3. jinithith2

jinithith2

Jul 15, 2007
    New Hampshire
    is there a way I could use the dry as a "true bypass" on the same amp? or would I have to buy a looper for that

4. bongomania

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    Most amps only have one functional input. You'd need an additional switcher to switch the wet and dry signals into that one input.

5. musicelectronix

musicelectronix

Jul 8, 2007
    Hüstın, TX
    Lead Designer, Zeibek Boutique Pedals
    It also is a great place to hook up a tuner, so that it won't be on the signal path.

6. jinithith2

jinithith2

Jul 15, 2007
    New Hampshire
    ooh hmm nice idea.
    bongo, where would the switcher go? would the boss lineselector do the trick?

7. bongomania

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    The Boss LS2 should be fine. Also, think about it- two outputs, one input. Where does the switcher go?

8. i don't know it this is the right tread... but...

i just found a bass whammy on ebay and i would like to ask how much is it wort bidding for... cuz i don't know what the reality price of this rare thing can be!!!

thanx for the answers!!!

9. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    I think in general, less than $500 is considered a "good deal" for a bass whammy at this point. $300 or less would be a steal, simply because even if you didn't like it, you could make a profit by turning around and selling it.

10. thanx for the info!!!