1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass Whammy Warble Reduction

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TimmyDX, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Ok so i opened mine up and found an internal trimmer pot, i had a play around with it and i think there really is a small change in the level of warble at particular poisitions.

like, on 5th/1oct up harmony i shifted and an arpeggiated A string power chord with very little warble at one position, even low d stuff sounded reasonable

before i pursue it any further i just wanted to ask if anyones made a thread on this before, if not id gladly do some clips and photos and such...

2. ZombiCrow

ZombiCrow

Jun 15, 2006
    Davenport, IA
    I'd be interested to see the results of this. I haven't taken my Bass Whammy apart, but do operate it without the plastic side-thing. Do you think the trim-pot is a sensitivity control?

PS: How many other bass whammys are on TalkBass? I got mine when they were only $350 or so, which is still a lot for such a thing.

3. Anyone know if the Whammy IV has a similar control?