Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass Whammy?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by HawkBoyXVI, May 10, 2005.

1. HawkBoyXVI

HawkBoyXVI Hairbrained Schemer

Oct 25, 2004
    Lawton, OK
    Is there any point in looking for one? I'd really like a a Whammy pedal in my set up. Has anyone used a standard one with bass? Did it suck?

2. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    I believe the regular whammy's are better for bass than the actual bass whammy's, but I could be wrong.

3. HawkBoyXVI

Oct 25, 2004
    Lawton, OK
    I found a bass whammy on some south korean website for 280,000 won. That's about $280...so I'm sort of hoping you're right.

4. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    France
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    I'm selling mine.

It has an horrible bypass (unusable without a looper), a slightly delay that make it a little strange to play, and eats some tone. But I never compared it to the regular ones.

It's worth it, I think, because it's rare. If you're a collector, it's a great item to own. But if you don't see the point in having a stompbox for other reasons than sound, you should buy a new one.

I would keep mine if I wasn't a poor student who needs money.

5. HawkBoyXVI

Oct 25, 2004
    Lawton, OK
    A new one as in a standard guitar Whammy?

6. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    France
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    Yes, the Bass Whammy is no longer in production.

7. By standard model are we talkin' about the red Digi-Tech re-issue or the newer grey pedals. I have alot of old pedals lying around from my non-bass days that I've never considered using with my bass. I always been afraid of blowing my amp. I have the red one. I might hook it up when I get home I'm still in the middle of the ocean, offshore drilling rig. Sucks no room on the boat to bring a bass :bawl: Been here 34 days now. Ready to rock out. :bassist:

8. HawkBoyXVI

Oct 25, 2004
    Lawton, OK
    Yea...the consensus is pretty much that the bass whammy sucked. Thanks for the advice...I guess it's time to start saving