1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bass Whammy?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by HawkBoyXVI, May 10, 2005.

1. HawkBoyXVI

HawkBoyXVI Hairbrained Schemer

Oct 25, 2004
    Lawton, OK
    Is there any point in looking for one? I'd really like a a Whammy pedal in my set up. Has anyone used a standard one with bass? Did it suck?

2. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    I believe the regular whammy's are better for bass than the actual bass whammy's, but I could be wrong.

3. HawkBoyXVI

Oct 25, 2004
    Lawton, OK
    I found a bass whammy on some south korean website for 280,000 won. That's about $280...so I'm sort of hoping you're right.

4. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    France
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    I'm selling mine.

It has an horrible bypass (unusable without a looper), a slightly delay that make it a little strange to play, and eats some tone. But I never compared it to the regular ones.

It's worth it, I think, because it's rare. If you're a collector, it's a great item to own. But if you don't see the point in having a stompbox for other reasons than sound, you should buy a new one.

I would keep mine if I wasn't a poor student who needs money.

5. HawkBoyXVI

Oct 25, 2004
    Lawton, OK
    A new one as in a standard guitar Whammy?

6. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    France
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    Yes, the Bass Whammy is no longer in production.

7. By standard model are we talkin' about the red Digi-Tech re-issue or the newer grey pedals. I have alot of old pedals lying around from my non-bass days that I've never considered using with my bass. I always been afraid of blowing my amp. I have the red one. I might hook it up when I get home I'm still in the middle of the ocean, offshore drilling rig. Sucks no room on the boat to bring a bass :bawl: Been here 34 days now. Ready to rock out. :bassist:

8. HawkBoyXVI

Oct 25, 2004
    Lawton, OK
    Yea...the consensus is pretty much that the bass whammy sucked. Thanks for the advice...I guess it's time to start saving