1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass with these specs

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jnevi9nr, May 4, 2010.

1. jnevi9nr

jnevi9nr

Aug 17, 2009
    Washington, DC
    what are some basses that I can get with these specs (or most of these specs)? Which one would be the cheapest:

buckeye burl top
    wenge neck
    ebony or rosewood fretboard
    lane poor pickups
    Mike Pope preamp
    5 string lined fretless
    maybe an ash body
    no jazz pickups, maybe MM pickups, darkstars, etc.

2. YZZ

YZZ

Apr 3, 2008
    Warwick?

3. jnevi9nr

jnevi9nr

Aug 17, 2009
    Washington, DC
    i was thinking fodera might be my only hope, maybe roscoe.

4. head over to the luthier's corner and place an order with the excellent folks there, you would be surprised how great their work is!!!

5. jnevi9nr

jnevi9nr

Aug 17, 2009
    Washington, DC
    anyone in particular?

6. MNAirHead

MNAirHead Supporting Member

Sounds custom or reworked..

Opinion (from a guy who owns botiques).. if you could be flexible slightly on your options, the world opens up... going production or limited production gives you a little assurance and little more cash in your pocket.

Many times botique basses kind of counter act themselves.. most experienced luthiers can work it backwards from a desired outcome... or it just gets to be an expensive experiment

Tim

7. Warmoth is an option too.

8. for the specs that you mentionned, try scottyd :) but really just browse their work in there!!!