1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass wives?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Remyd, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Remyd

Remyd

Apr 2, 2014
    St. Louis, MO
    Why is it that we don't have a specific forum for our significant others? It seems like there are many questions that include non-bass playing people and significant others which are answered in a clumsy way without a bit of feedback...

My wife asked me tonight "where are the other bass wives?" Tried to convince her that there were no such people, but I don't think she bought it. Maybe they should have a support group or something? They could have threads like "What to do when your husband spends $9000 on a custom bass..."

Lololol Thoughts please?

Spidey2112 likes this.
  2. My wife is my best friend, partner, etc...but this isn't something she would be remotely interested and in. Also, being a "bass" wife, "football" wife or any other wife implies she feels neglected or in competition with my playing or my basses. She doesn't. Just my 2.

3. Yeah right... That's what I need... My wife criticizing my every move in real life AND TalkBass.

4. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Wait, so you're suggesting that SOs of bassists join here and start threads a out us?

Turn in your key to the executive washroom and gather your things. I can't even look at you right now. :sour:

:wacky:

Clark Dark, Oddly, ak56 and 8 others like this.
  5. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2016
    Albany NY
    My wife just sighs a lot....:D

S-Bigbottom, Aberdumbie and murphy like this.
  6. Wisebass

Wisebass

Jan 12, 2017
    Lost in Space
    no woman no cry!!!:cool:

may the bass be with you

Wise(b)ass

tonequixote and Aberdumbie like this.
  7. Aberdumbie

Aberdumbie

Jan 22, 2016
    South Carolina
    I didn't think my wife had any interest either... Until one day she texted me about dinner plans. I replied NBD meaning no big deal. I immediately received a reply from her.... You got ANOTHER new bass???? Now I am careful with my TB posts.

Remyd, LowActionHero, GregC and 4 others like this.
  8. SunnBass

SunnBass All these blankets saved my life.

Aug 31, 2010
    Columbia, Mo
    My wife is much too busy being president of our towns roller derby league.
    (she's the one in the middle)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    MCF, GregC, pappabass and 6 others like this.
  9. shawshank72

shawshank72

Mar 22, 2009
    Canada
    Without my wife I would be nothing.

10. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    After it's been sanitized, I'll take his stall.

Remyd, two fingers and Aberdumbie like this.
  11. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    ... don't forget the eye rolls, Fred! Lot's and lot's of those...

Deak and Aberdumbie like this.
  12. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2016
    Albany NY
    Nope she doesn't do the eye roll thing....That's my son's job!.....sigh...

Aberdumbie likes this.
  13. Biggbass

Biggbass

Dec 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    My wife is my best friend and life long companion. She doesn't participate in my musical endeavors, doesn't care about the gear I buy, or that I like to spend an occasional Sunday afternoon at the shooting range, or take a ride my Harley with no particular destination, or drink a dram or two of single malt a couple times a week. I give her the same, equal space to be who she is, do whatever she wants, and be happy & fulfilled. . We are committed to each other and each others needs, we don't keep anything from each other, and always keep our cards on the table. Yes, we have occasional hiccups and glitches in the harmony of our relationship, but all in all it's peaceful, loving, and honest.
    I wouldn't trade her in for anything.

Deltatim, RED J and Aberdumbie like this.
  14. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

I think we need a whole subforum for the TB Gossip Circle...
    db_file_img_82176_746xauto.

Wisebass, Funky Ghost and Aberdumbie like this.
  15. RED J

RED J Lol

Jan 23, 2000
    Pretty much. Well said.

16. bucephylus

bucephylus Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 18, 2002
    General Manager TecPadz LLC
    Well....if we are weighin in....

My wife has better things to spend time on.

And, what I mean is that, putting the shoe on the other foot, I don't spend time posting comments on discussions that she is involved with her interests and work. I politely and appropriately participate when asked. I've got her back. She's got mine. We're best friends.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  17. Spent

Spent

May 15, 2011
    Upstate NY
    My wife thinks this is a fishing site. I don't want her finding out what I really spend my money on!

18. misses the mark too easily
    some guys are single
    some bass players are female
    some have a significant other that is not a wife

FantasticFour, GregC, pcake and 3 others like this.
  19. Yeah and why doesn't the Womens Roller Derby website have a section for husbands/boyfriends?

20. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Do you have any idea how much editing I would have to do?
    "Dude, please delete my "how do I hide this bass from my wife" thread"
    "Please man, you've gotta edit out one of the zeros from what I said that Fodera cost me"
    "Is there any way to delete every single post I made in the "hot chicks at shows" thread???"

It would never end.

GregC, Spent, hrodbert696 and 2 others like this.