1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

bass woes; birthday present joy! (yet a headache)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by irvinz, Sep 3, 2008.

1. irvinz

irvinz

Nov 23, 2006
    Australia
    has too much gas
    so its my birthday tomorrow, and im a passionate bassist amongst others, video editing, photography and all that etc too.

so i had a toss up between a nice hd vid cam, a dslr, or a new bass =p

so since its the bass forum. and everyone would say get a new bass... should i really? the money my dad is giving me would almost cover the price of a ric at staff price... or fully cover a G&L at staff price.... i've already have 3 basses. an american jazz, a italia hollow body, and a parts bass =p

should i get another??

2. coxeymcqueen

coxeymcqueen

Oct 31, 2007
    UK
    If you're looking for an investment the right bass will hold or increase in value. The HDVidCam and DSLR will be worthless in 1-2 years. Get the bass!

3. irvinz

irvinz

Nov 23, 2006
    Australia
    has too much gas
    reckon a 2008 mignight blue would hold on =p told my dad that i would love a 1960s pbass... or a 1959 gibson es175

yeah. i know bout that. i wont be selling it tho!

4. SoLongJake

SoLongJake Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2007
    Des Moines, Iowa
    g&l's are great, but a bad investment if you're planning on buying new. They don't seem to hold their resale value like they should.

5. coxeymcqueen

coxeymcqueen

Oct 31, 2007
    UK
    out of interest which DSLR are you considering?

I own a Canon EOS 3 but can't really afford to replace it with an equivalent spec DSLR so I'm thinking of picking up an EOS 30D of the bay. Should hopefully be able to get one for less than £350