Bass Wood Lovers Only

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by rickbass, Oct 30, 2002.

1. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

OH BABY! One of my wood rants....Scoping out woods for a future bass, ran across these bookmatched boards of quilted/burl maple (at auction).

Can you imagine a top plate with those "eyes" and "face" placed around the pups?!?! I'd call it "The Dog".....(unless your honey is pretty homely).

2. Yow! That's something else! Great bit of wood.....:D
  3. odie

odie Supporting Member

I thought you meant bass wood, as in the light wood that feels like pine and that is used for MTD Kingstons.
  4. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    That wood is screaming out to be put on a Zon Sonus Lightwave 5 string fretless...

(No ugly pickups to get in the way of the figure!)
  5. rickbass

Gard - Believe me, "Lightwave" came to mind very, very, quickly!!!
  6. rickbass

I wouldn't waste the bandwidth on that, odie.

Damn good tonewood.....but, visually, it's just drinking a bottle of Nyquil to me.
  7. Rick,
    You'll get a better buzz off that Nyquil if you mix it with Scotch and Amphetamine.
  8. rickbass

Is that the "voice of experience", Mark??? :D ..........(hell, maybe I could listen to commercial rock radio again, if I did try it).
  9. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Actually, I look more at the dancing demon-shaped figure in the lighter-valued middle than the eyes. Looks like the sillouhette from a creature in Where The Wild Things Are.
  10. Bace_Man

Oct 27, 2002

That is sweet!

Dog or Dancin Demon you have a winner!

Love to see the finished product.