BASS WORRIES!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by flea claypool, Aug 15, 2004.

1. flea claypool

flea claypool

Jun 27, 2004
    Ireland
    HEY

im kinda on a edge.........
    im getting a new bass next month either a warwick corvette with active electronics and a swamp ash body in a 5 string

or else a fender aerodyne jazz bass.............

which do you think is the best bet has anyone played either and could you tell me wat you think

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Both good basses but i would go with the Warwick. Warwicks are just so awesome feeling/sounding.
    Those two basses are QUITE different though.

What kind of tone/feel are you going for?

3. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    They are two completely different animals...

The Areodyne sounds great, I think... Good rock tone, and it is nice and light.

The warwick is also awsome...

Apples and oranges on this one.

4. flea claypool

flea claypool

Jun 27, 2004
    Ireland
    Ah i play mainly funky chilis primus but im getting into the tappin side of things and i know fenders are useless to tap on as warwicks have the adjustable nut.......

wat are the active electronics like?
    Thanks

5. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I have a warwick thumb NT. Great bass. Great for tapping, has a 3 band active EQ.. Please, for the sake of Mike, work on your typing. Most of us here have evolved from "yo wutz up i wanna bi a bass plz thx". Back to the thumb.. The EQ is very nice. You can really get zillions of tones from it. The bass with light strings is also goot for a variety of slap techniquies. You can get a good Claypool tone out of it, but for the Flea stuff, A stringrayish bass is your best bet.

6. WoodyG3

WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    I've heard and read many negative things about the adjustable nut...

7. Between the two I would want a 5 so I guess the Warwick, but I prefer fender tone and feel so tough call.

IMO you should strongly consider some other axes like a Fender Roscoe Beck 5. Just everything you can before you buy!

8. I would concur with the Stingray suggestion...

9. flea claypool

flea claypool

Jun 27, 2004
    Ireland
    Stringrays are amazing..... thats why i own one...
    but i wouldnt use it for playin chilis as even with the 3 band
    i find it to weak... what are fender fives like? i played a mim 5 string but the B was pathetic wat about the americans and the active deluxes.... sorry im a pain in the ass i know

10. flea claypool

flea claypool

Jun 27, 2004
    Ireland
    no need to be a smart ass all i used was ah and wat
    :spit: :spit: :spit: