1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bass Xciter straight out, bypassing amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jellybass, Apr 26, 2006.

1. jellybass

jellybass Guest

Nov 8, 2004
    I think I know the answer to this, but I want some reassurance. Is it possible to run bass -to- bass xciter -to- board, bypassing any onstage amp at all and just using the PA?

2. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Banned by TB Administration for refusal to account for funds

yep

3. jellybass

jellybass Guest

Nov 8, 2004
    Thanks. I thought so, trying my first attempt ever at no stage amp and wanted everythig in place first.

4. May not give you the best sound though. You might check into one of the higher end bass DI boxes. Or else get a good preamp and run that to the board (make sure you switch it to post E.Q. to give the board your sound).

5. CraigG

CraigG

Mar 14, 2006
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    I bought the Zoom B2.1u for the very purpose of being able to run direct into a system and have some creative play area for sounds. A great device and reasonably quiet (though the compressor on mine could be quieter). Amp models, synths, reverbs, EQ, etc. Considering the features and the fact that you get Cubase LE (of course, I'm a Sonar man myself), it's a good deal for the money! I have only used my B2.1u a few times on its own, but it has done a good job (and saved me from lugging around an amplifier).

Craig

6. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    Yes. i have done this at two gigs where i couldnt take my amp. used a monitor just for my self and it sounded ok but different. dont really want to do it again.

7. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    No amp on stage is OK, but no speaker isn't. You still have to hear yourself.