1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by whoweare, Oct 4, 2013.

1. whoweare

whoweare

Sep 20, 2013
    i have been playing a 1968 Gretsch 6073 Bass, it plays amazingly.... but it is not mine, it is owned by somebody who refuses to sell it, but they have let me play it for the last couple of years. i would like to buy one and i have been looking around for a while, but have not been able to find any that play as nicely as this one does. if anyone has any suggestions i would greatly appreciate it.

2. 7615

Nov 19, 2015
    Reverb - pricey but several

3. dannylectro

dannylectro Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    I had one. Sold it. Bad move. You can get very close to that vibe with an Epi Jack Casady for around $700.

4. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    Refuses to sell? I suggest blackmail. First, find out the owner's weaknesses, any secrets he doesn't want known, etc. and exploit them. If that fails, simply take the bass and move to another state w/o telling him. A third option would be employment of a hitman, but I caution you to not use the third method unless you've exhausted the first two.

5. RedVee

RedVee

Dec 24, 2014
    Australia
    Ask him to leave it to you in his will. Keep playing it until then. Win win ??

6. Jaco who?

Jaco who?

May 20, 2008
    Been almost three years - he probably found something to play by now, don't you think?

gebass6 likes this.
  7. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Last seen January 8th 2014.

8. 7615

Nov 19, 2015
    Hit went bad. Now playing 1 - 5 , 1-5 in Folsom. On a squire.