Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass101 Survivors

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Captain Freedom, Jun 10, 2003.

1. Hey all, Just looking for any bass101 survivors !!!

Any of my old bros here :bawl:

:cool:

2. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Dude, lu_man and I were just talking about you earlier! We're discussing the startup of bass201 as an MSN community...I already manage three others, but lu said he'd do it if Caer and yourself would help him...PM me and we'll talk! Good to see you, Cap'n!:D

(formerly) Dr. Groove

3. Hey Hey,

Over here, ahoy thar Cap'n.

Whats been happenin? Its been a while, long while.

Has anyone heard from Scotty boy himself? Theres no way he could make it permanent...is there?

Josh D

4. there's no place like home:bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

5. RevGroove

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Scott's post said that it bass101.com was down for good, due to his not having the time to maintain it properly...I say let's grab some of that space on MSN Communities while it's still free and do bass201.com!!!

6. lumankicks

lumankicks

Jun 12, 2003
    User Logged and accounted for sir! LU-MAN! has finally found this forum! (thanks in a small part to revgroove). I'm here, just hanging for the moment. :( I've missed you guys! Nice to be back in familliar company.:cool: I'd do a bass201.com if you and Caer'Is help out, since us three where the MAJOR posters on bass101.com.

LU-MAN!:D

7. :bawl: I'm starting to feel all warm and gushy inside:bawl:

:bassist:

8. RevGroove

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Okay, so now how do we figure out how to get in contact with Caer?:confused:

9. lumankicks

lumankicks

Jun 12, 2003
    The most I can guess is to add him to a yahoo IM or somethin and see if its him....
    Kind of a long shot I know...

:bawl: Captian, you're making me misty....

:bassist: Lets Jam!

LU-MAN!:D

10. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Oh, man, now we're getting refugees!

Welcome all. Bring me your downtrodden and whatnot. Welcome to TB.

Please take the time to familiarize yourselves with the forum rules.

We're glad to have you around.:)

Will

11. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey guys

i just got a chance to meet a few of you guys before that forum went dead. welcome to talkbass :)

12. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

I used to post there as RickyRiffWreck. Gosh, that was a long time ago! Someone got really mad at me once there. I never went back. But I thought it was a really decent site. Once I found Talkbass, I didn't really have time for two message boards anyway.

Bass 101 is worth saving, though, if some one has the time, energy and resources to do it. If someone here resurrects it, I'll participate posting whenever I get a chance.

13. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Welcome all.

14. lovely

lovely

Jun 13, 2003
    Phoenix, Az.
    To Lu Man!, Capt. and Rev groove,

Lovely here. I about had a heart attack when I found out Bass 101 was gone! I finally have internet access after moving last Feb. and my favorite website is gone. I am definitely on board if a new site is started. Answer me this, please; When did the site go down? As far as contacting Caer Is goes- didn't his band have a web site that had contact addresses attached.? I believe the band name was "Autricide" or something like that. Please let me know what is going on- it was good to find you all again.

Lovely

15. bentem

bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    count me in too.

16. froggsoldier

froggsoldier

Apr 29, 2005
    GA
    Do I count? aka Bluebutterfly
    Was I missed?

**P.S. Do you guys believe in change, please say you do. I am going to take this time to appoligize to all who I have aggravated in the past, but all I ask is for a clean slate. Thanks

17. RevGroove

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    You count! And it's all good bro...looking for a clean slate!

Maybe we can restart...Bass201.com?

:D

18. froggsoldier

froggsoldier

Apr 29, 2005
    GA
    Ok didn't think it would be nessesary, but I am not a BRO I am a SIS!

19. RevGroove

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    umm...sorry about that SISTAH, my bad!!!

20. RevGroove

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada