Bassballs gone?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by saxnbass, Dec 29, 2007.

1. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    I went on EHX website and couldn't find the Bassballs pedals. I could only find the Nano one. I also couldn't find it on online retailers like MF, Music123, AMS, Sweetwater, etc. Has it been discontinued?

2. irvinz

irvinz

Nov 23, 2006
    Australia
    has too much gas
    i still see them around... i think i do atleast

3. OhThePeacock

OhThePeacock

Sep 15, 2007
    Wausau, WI
    Up until not to long ago they still had the russian B-balls.

4. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    So they have been discontinued then...

5. OhThePeacock

OhThePeacock

Sep 15, 2007
    Wausau, WI
    Well I'm not saying that but I just hadn't even noticed until you said anything. Last time I checked they were up there.

I'm sure you can still find plenty of new ones in ebay shops if it was just recently discontinued.

6. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    yes they've been discontinued. Pedalgeek.com has them for a steal, really cheap, that's where i got mine.

7. Discontinued, no way! I can only guess that the original pedal has gone thru some revamp or redesign from the Matthews and Biegel braintrust and we'll see a new & improved one soon.

8. The Nano one IS the new and improved one.

9. nickbear

nickbear

Jun 12, 2007
    surrey, uk
    yes im pretty sure its been discontinued, they are still around though.. its a cool pedal, i have a russian one.

10. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    I'm gonna go back to the music store I went to yesterday and pick up the Russian one they have. They also have the USA one, but I like the Russian one better.

11. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    +1

It's like the new Nano Small Stone... it defeats the purpose of manufacturing the old version in every way possible.

12. andvari7

andvari7

Aug 28, 2004
    Ennui
    So does this mean they'll do the right thing and put out Nano (or an X-O, at the very least) Frequency Analyzer?

13. JanusZarate

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Now, now, let's not get ahead of ourselves. You know how Electro-Harmonix is about making effects smaller. :rolleyes:

They really need to hurry up with that one, though. Oh, and the Bass Micro Synthesizer, too!

14. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Yes, it was quite a sad day when we woke up, and our balls were gone.

15. JanusZarate

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    We? :eyebrow:

16. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Damn. I was afraid it was just me.

Damn.

17. It did not sound all that cool(er) to me. I know the new box is all neato mosquito but I am old school and like the nostalgic old boxes.

18. Well, that's what the vintage market is for. For most people the same tone in a much smaller package is definitely an improvement.

19. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021