1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bassballs mod (bassier?)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by treromantic, Oct 21, 2006.

1. treromantic

treromantic

Nov 1, 2005
    ottawa, on
    I've seen a couple of posts about a bassballs mod on here, but couldn't find any on how much to turn the knobs on the inside/ what kinds of sounds you can get out of the thing. I just picked one up and I want to get used to the sound before I go screwing with the thing, but I may want to mess with it when I get better at using it. Thanks

2. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    Bump, I wnna know too.................

3. treromantic

treromantic

Nov 1, 2005
    ottawa, on
    I pulled it apart, there are two trimpots in there, but I don't want to go screwing around with them unless I know that if I set them back to the orig. settings it'll sound the same. I assume that they are for calibrating the filters. Anyone know more?

4. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    If you set the trims back to where they were it will sound the same. Trims are just variable resistors.

5. treromantic

treromantic

Nov 1, 2005
    ottawa, on
    thanks, I'll give it a shot.

6. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Yeah, use a marker or a bit of white-out to mark the original positions, and then twist away!