Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bassballs or Q-Tron?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by camerondye, Feb 28, 2001.

1. camerondye

camerondye

Nov 7, 2000
    What is the difference between the two? Is the Q-tron worth the extra $120 bucks? Any feedback would be helpful. thanks
    cameron

2. I have both and really only use the Qtron when I'm recording and am trying to zero in on just the right sound, I never really like to use it live (maybe it has too many knobs and switches). It is a great envelope follower with lots of controls. The bassballs on the other hand has been everywhere I go to play stage and studio cause it's quick and easy to get lots of sounds. It has twin dynamic filters that do different things at the same time and it is also a passable fuzz box too. I like it because by changing the sensitivity, playing style, even settings on your bass will give you a different sound.

3. funkybish

funkybish

Mar 2, 2001
    I own the bassballs and prefer if over the q tron I have played. It's much easier to deal with. I think if qtron gets more sounds, but I just like the bassballs better. It's much cheaper too.

4. 6-stringer

6-stringer Guest

Feb 5, 2000
    Roanoke,VA
    You should try them both out to see which one you like. The q-tron is more of a traditional sounding envelope filter. The bassballs has this whispy
    synthy kind of sound. totaly different pedals.

5. BassDude24

BassDude24

Sep 12, 2000
    I like balls, it just sounds cool to say, "yeah I brought my bass-balls with me and I plan to whip them out in the middle of a tune" i mean how cool is that. Plus it sounds really cool, and is suprisingly versitile for a pedal with only one knob and one switch.

Never messed with a Q-Tron or whatever you said, should be cool, sounds like a cool name, and is expensive, so it looks like I am going to have to get one.

6. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    I've messed around with bassballs before and IMO its definitely worth the $100 or so it costs. Its surprisingly versatile and built like a tank.

7. jbirk

jbirk

Mar 9, 2001
    brooklyn
    yeh, the bass balls is cool and for the $$$ you can't really go wrong... i just wrote a big post to the "what's bootsy doin?" thread and forgot i had one of these too! to restate here too, if you got the dollars, go with the moogerfooger!!!