Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bassballs question about internal adjustment pots

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Zharlon, Jul 3, 2005.

1. Zharlon

Zharlon From Ice Station Zebra....to Deep Charch 9

Apr 19, 2003
    Northwest U.S.A.
    My bassballs pedal has two little adjustable trimpots inside, mounted to the electronics(in an a difficult place to reach to adjust them, while playing)....

I have seen a mention or two bout the little adjustments, but nothing that can give me an idea what each one does, or how much to adjust..etc..etc...

Anyone have any experience/information regarding these?

2. Zharlon

Zharlon From Ice Station Zebra....to Deep Charch 9

Apr 19, 2003
    Northwest U.S.A.
    anyone......?

anyone........?

3. Hey there!

I'm an effects junkie (build em all the time myself). I know I have the factory schemo around somewhere. I'll post on if I can find it.

Cheers,

Nish

4. Yup Yup! K, the two trimpots are the filter frequency cut-off limits. Using them, you can adjust that, to adjust where the effect cut's off it's two filters.

As for adjusting them, all you need to do, is to take apart the pedal (just take off the cover) and adjust them as you play to whatever suits your taste. Make sure to keep track of the original settings so that in case of resale, you could put it back to stock. I personally like it so that one filter is set a low, and one is set about mid-low, with a fair gap between them, as it gives a very deep resounding odd sound. Too high and you'll get this very nasal wah with the dist (which also has it's uses).

Cheers,

Nish

5. You can also pull them out (de-solder) and replace them with externally mounted pots, which is what I did with my BB. :D

~ Charlie

6. whoa...you're the moosapotamus?!?! Dude..you got me into making bass pedals. Keep on rockin' :bassist:

Cheers,

Nish

7. Cool, Nish! :cool:
    Thanks!
    ~ Charlie