Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bassballs....

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by onadowner, Jul 22, 2001.

1. onadowner

onadowner

May 23, 2001
    Texas
    Hey ppl. So what do you guys think of Electro-Harmonix's Bassballs pedal? I tried it the other day and it was pretty cool, had a funky sound to it, I liked. Anyhow, tis good or sucks iyo? Speaking of funk, you guys know any good funk, or bluesy type pedals that I should look into?

Later.

2. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    The Bassballs pedal is a lot of fun. You can get it to sound like someone's talking almost. Anyway, IMO it is definitely worth the $90 or so it costs. If you can, get the American made one. It costs $10 or $15 more but it's built a lot better.

3. nirvanarules28

nirvanarules28

Mar 7, 2001
    I just bought a Bassballs pedal, I too think that its worth $85. Its a fun pedal, even though its not the best funk pedal, its still cool. And its so cheap!

Rock over London, Rock on Chicago...... lol Wesley Willis.... very funny

4. maimz

maimz

Jul 23, 2001
    Ontario, Canada
    if you want da funk then try the lovetone meatball...thats what bootsy collins is using as well! there is also the original bootsy box which was the mutron III ....now the guy who developed that has gotten hired to develop the qtron and qtron + for Electro Harmonix.....there is also a mutron III+ which is identical to the mutron III ..all will give you the funk you need so badly....also alot of the old funk recordings are actually analog synths...mostly monosynths like the minimoog...btw...these pedals are all envelope followers which is what you need....flea also uses the green DOD evelope follower which is actually reissued....

5. I´ve tried the bassballs too, i like it. for funk it´s great. Flea uses it on One hot minute album. hear it

6. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I tryed it out yesterday and it sounded great. if i had the money id get it.

7. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Supposedly the EBS Bass IQ has some good funk to it as well and it supposedly is a lot more quiet than the bassballs (and has a true bypass). It is the next pedal on my list. However it is about double the price of a Bass Balls. MF the print catalog version (not on-line) is having a sale on them for $179. It continues to get rave reviews. I can't wait to get one once I get the money together.

-KB