Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

bassballs

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by warwickben, Jul 1, 2002.

1. i just got a bassballs ny today for 60 bucks.cant any one give me tips to set it to get diffent sounds for slap and what ever not just slap too.

2. misterk73

misterk73

Apr 11, 2002
    Flagstaff, AZ
    This may seem like a smartass comment, but it's not intended to be: When it comes to the Bassballs, there's really nothing to set! Turn the knob to increase/decrease the filter intensity. Flip the switch to add distortion. That's it! (Right?)

It's probably worth noting that I've used several Bassballs with several basses with several different amps over the past few years, and they all interacted with each other a little differently. With my last setup, I always seemed to settle on maximum filter intensity, with or without distortion...

3. so far with my war wick i like it set at 50 little under or over.iam thinking of getting a q tron mini is it any good.

4. pudgefactor

pudgefactor

Mar 28, 2002
    Boston
    Fool around with the tone controls on your amp. It makes a huge difference to the sounds you get
    from your Bassballs. I like setting the bassballs to 9 0'clock, no distortion, then pumping up the mids
    while keeping the highs and lows at 0 db gain.

5. yeah me to i find when i slap with it it get to high pitch.so i turn the trebl down.