1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bassbone od headphones... You won't believe this

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by krfoss, Jan 23, 2018.

1. krfoss

krfoss Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Orange County, CA
    I was having some weird overpowering issues with the headphone jack using my bassbone and couldn't figure out how to resolve it and make it usable. So, after switching my bass out, the input jack, and another pair of headphones, I emailed the company.

They asked for the impedance rating on my headphones, which are 24ohms, to which they said they recommend something with higher rating. When asked for a recommend rating, they said "at least 150ohms."

This is bonkers!! Why put a headphone jack on something if you don't make it reasonable for anyone to use!

I did, for fun, look it up and found a pair if headphones rated at 200ohm impedance that cost around $3,000... So, I suppose that's an option.

Thanks for letting me complain. I mean, c'mon.

mattbass6945 and Blu bro like this.
  2. superheavyfunk

superheavyfunk

Mar 11, 2013
    Toronto
    Wow. That's crazy

3. krfoss

krfoss Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Orange County, CA
    I don't think I'm crazy that this is their requirement to use the headphone jack. I'm better off just using my b3. It's like a bass amp that only works if you have a Ritter or Fodera plugged into it.

4. Blu bro

Blu bro

Mar 1, 2012
    Aus

hahaha there is a good company slogan.

"A headphone amp.. as long as you have a Ritter or Fedora"

lol. I find that way too funny.

5. Driven Crane

Driven Crane

May 30, 2014
    Fedorino Gore...

6. prooftheory